Oh, ahhh!
Also, we are lucky to have a gorgeous weather here this weekend in "the Land of the Long Leaf Pine/The summer land where the sun doth shine." It sure is a-shinin' today. After yoga, I drove to Pollocksville just for the hell of it, took a couple of pictures, turned around, and headed back home (hadn't had my morning coffee yet and it was nigh onto noon).
We've enjoyed having Mark and Chris back in town.
We did the "pub crawl" on St. Patrick's Day night (a semi-organized civic function, with earnest, novice bagpipers from the NBFD that followed in the wake of the merry-makers. No trad, alas). We fondly recalled marching in the 3-mile Holyoke parade with spectators' lawn chairs perched on snow banks, and a wind chill of 20 degrees, followed by Susan and Steve's really fun annual party (where I once was thrilled to meet the Parade Marshall of the year). I toasted friends afar with a ceremonial green Harp at The Chelsea, while my comrades drank The Guinness, as Barry Maloney would call it.
No comments:
Post a Comment